Join Oregon Wild for FREE Hikes and Events Year-RoundUp one level
Hikers at Tamanawas Falls, Mt. Hood National Forest (photo by Darvel Lloyd).
Why stay inside? This is Oregon, and the expert staff of Oregon Wild leads outdoor adventures around the state throughout the year.
Join us to experience Oregon's outdoors and learn more about the state's spectacular wild places. All hikes are FREE unless otherwise noted. Sign up for our e-mail alerts to get advance invitations to Oregon Wild hikes and events, and check out our list of suggested hikes.
Hike space is limited so pre-registration is required. Complete trip details are provided upon RSVP. Click on any of the events below for more information, to access a link to sign up, and to view the assigned coordinator's contact information. Now lace up your boots and let's go!
Catherine Creek Wildflower & Plant ID Hike (Carpools depart from Portland., from May 01, 2014 08:15 AM to May 01, 2014 05:00 PM)
- Soak in views of Oregon scenery and Washington wildflowers on this slower-paced trip in the Columbia Gorge.
McCall Point Wildflower & Plant ID Hike (Carpools depart from Portland., from May 03, 2014 08:00 AM to May 03, 2014 05:00 PM)
- Head out to enjoy Columbia River vistas and brightly colored wildflowers with Oregon Wild's resident botanical expert Wendell Wood.
Salmon River Canyon Hike (Carpools depart from Portland, from May 03, 2014 09:00 AM to May 03, 2014 04:30 PM)
- Stroll beneath old-growth giants in a classic forest hike in the Mount Hood National Forest.
Memaloose Hills Wildflower and Plant Identification Hike (Carpools depart from NE Portland., from May 05, 2014 08:15 AM to May 05, 2014 04:30 PM)
- Hike through oak woodlands and wildflower-covered hills at a botanist's pace with Oregon Wild Naturalist Wendell Wood.
Kentucky Falls & Sweet Creek Falls Hike (Carpools depart from Eugene, from May 09, 2014 09:00 AM to May 09, 2014 05:00 PM)
- Enjoy the lush spring forest surrounding some of the Coast Range's biggest waterfalls on Kentucky and Sweet Creeks!
David Dondero Benefit Concert in Bend (Volcanic Theatre & Pub, Bend, OR, from May 11, 2014 04:00 PM to May 11, 2014 07:00 PM)
- Enjoy great music from singer/songwriter David Dondero and help keep Oregon Wild at this special benefit concert in Bend.
Oregon Wolves: Making a Comeback (100 Willamette Hall, University of Oregon, Eugene, from May 20, 2014 07:00 PM to May 20, 2014 08:30 PM)
- A presentation by Russ Morgan, ODFW Wolf Program Coordinator, in Eugene. Co-sponsored with the UO Outdoor Program and Cascadia Wildlands
Horsetail & Triple Falls (Oneonta Gorge) Wildflower ID Hike (Carpools depart from Portland, from May 24, 2014 08:15 AM to May 24, 2014 04:00 PM)
- Identify and discuss area wildflowers while hiking to Oneonta Gorge below (upper) Horsetail Falls, and then on to Triple Falls in the Columbia Gorge Wilderness.
Wahclella Falls/Tanner Creek Wildflower & Plant ID Hike (Carpools depart from NE Portland on E. Burnside, from May 26, 2014 09:00 AM to May 26, 2014 04:00 PM)
- An extremely slow-going hike to identify and discuss area wildflowers, while hiking through old-growth trees and mossy cliffs in a deep basalt side canyon in the Columbia Gorge Wilderness.
Eagle Creek Wildflower & Plant ID Hike (Columbia River Gorge) (Carpools depart from NE Portland on E. Burnside, from May 28, 2014 08:15 AM to May 28, 2014 04:30 PM)
- Identify area wildflowers while hiking along Eagle Creek through a vertical rock canyon and between old-growth forested benches to lower canyon waterfalls in the Columbia Gorge.
Devil's Staircase Wilderness area, Dark Grove Hike (Carpools depart from Eugene, from May 31, 2014 09:00 AM to May 31, 2014 05:00 PM)
- Explore the beautiful and rugged old-growth forests and streams of the proposed Devil’s Staircase Wilderness area.
Oregon Wilderness Conference (Portland, Oregon, from Jun 05, 2014 05:00 PM to Jun 07, 2014 05:00 PM)
- The Oregon Wilderness Conference - Featuring a wide ranging panel, engaging conversation, and of course plenty of recreational opportunities.