Oregon Wild depends on Oregonians to help us get our work done! Strong citizen action is the key to many of our victories. You can help us - and Oregon's wild areas - in lots of ways. Here are some:
- Join Oregon Wild. As a member, you'll receive our Oregon Wild newsletter three times a year. You'll also receive timely action alerts and news of upcoming workshops, special events and wilderness hikes. Plus you’ll be a part of a growing network of citizens dedicated to protecting Oregon’s precious natural heritage.
- Sign up for our e-mail newsletter and alerts. Get the latest on what's happening. It's fast, easy and we don't require a lot of personal information.
- Join the Oregon Wild Ones, a grassroots community and resource for folks who take activism to the next level and make a difference for Oregon's wildlife, wildlands, and waters.
- Take action! View our past e-mail campaigns and make a difference this moment for wildlands, wildlife, and waters protection.
- Join a free hike or attend an event. Oregon Wild offers free hikes to all sorts of fantastic locations year-round. We also host quarterly Wild Wednesday events in Portland and Eugene featuring guest speakers ranging from outdoor writing to recreation, and more.
- Volunteer. Volunteers are needed for office tasks and for phoning and mailings. You can also write letters, attend local meetings, or host a party to introduce your friends to Oregon Wild. Specific opportunities can be found here.
- Adopt a Wilderness. The Adopt-a-Wilderness program brings Oregonians closer to the land they love, and in so doing, builds local constituencies for protection of wilderness areas. The program also collects valuable "on the ground" data from volunteers to update roadless maps and build the foundation for a citizen’s wilderness proposal.