How can you make an impact in defending Oregon's wildlands? Check out our volunteer opportunities.
Thank you for wanting to get more involved! The best way to find out more about volunteer opportunities with Oregon Wild is to come to one of our hikes or events and meet our staff and other volunteers. Check out our upcoming events here.
From on-the-ground activities in our wild areas, to helping out at our offices in Portland, Bend, and Eugene, there's a little something for everyone. Wherever you are, you can also write letters, attend local meetings or host a party to introduce your friends to Oregon Wild. Here’s a sampling of the volunteer activities that we currently have to offer:
- Become a hike shepherd or hike leader (contact Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Spread the word across the state by delivering Oregon Wild newsletters in your community (contact Sean at email@example.com)
- Landscape at our unique office bioswale and gardens (contact Candice at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Help maintain our office building. We save money by owning rather than renting, but it means we have lots of household chores like painting and other maintenance (contact Candice at email@example.com).
the wild places we're working to protect (contact Erik at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Represent Oregon Wild at community events (contact Sean at email@example.com)
- Help organize
special events like our Photo Contest celebration and Wild Wednesdays (contact Sean at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Help with administrative tasks
around the office (contact Candice at email@example.com).
Our staff is small for the size of the state we work to protect. We're a lean, mean, wildlands-defending machine. As such, we can't always guarantee that we'll have a project ready and waiting for you. If you have general questions, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll respond as quickly as we can. Thanks!