2017 Photo Contest Categories
Showcasing the wildlands, wildlife, and waters that make Oregon a special place.
The submission deadline for 2017 ends September 8, 2017. Click here to start your Photo Contest entry.
Photos must be of federal public lands in Oregon. This includes National Forest and BLM lands (including designated Wilderness and National Scenic areas), National Parks, National Wildlife Refuges, National Grasslands, and National Monuments. Images featuring recreation are acceptable and encouraged. Photos from state and local public lands, or private lands, are not eligible.
Photos must be of native Oregon species in their natural habitat. This category includes fish.
Photos must be of pristine, undeveloped waterways in Oregon. This includes rivers, lakes, streams, waterfalls and wetlands. Images featuring recreation are acceptable and encouraged.
Monumental Vision. Photos should be of the Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument. Recently protected but with those very protections now under threat, the Cascade-Siskiyou needs your help. Help us draw attention to the plight of our National Monuments and this majestic and diverse region by entering the Endangered Places category.
See below for more resources on exploring areas for this category:
- Official Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument Guide (& Map)
- BLM Printable and Interactive Maps
- Plan Your Visit with Friends of Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument
Other resources and information:
- Coalition Defends Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument (OW Press Release)
- Judge Rules Environmental Groups Can Intervene in Lawsuit (OPB)
- Summary of Economic Performance in Surrounding Communities (Headwaters Economics)