Join Oregon Wild for FREE Hikes and Events Year-RoundUp one level
Hikers at Tawanamas Falls, Mt. Hood National Forest (photo by Darvel Lloyd).
Why stay inside? This is Oregon, and the expert staff of Oregon Wild leads outdoor adventures around the state throughout the year.
Join us to experience Oregon's outdoors and learn more about the state's spectacular wild places. All hikes are FREE unless otherwise noted. Sign up for our e-mail alerts to get advance invitations to Oregon Wild hikes and events, and check out our list of suggested hikes.
Hike space is limited so pre-registration is required. Complete trip details are provided upon RSVP. Click on any of the events below for more information, to access a link to sign up, and to view the assigned coordinator's contact information. Now lace up your boots and let's go!
Eagle Creek Wildflower and Plant I.D. Hike (Columbia River Gorge) (Carpools depart NE Portland., from May 23, 2013 08:15 AM to May 23, 2013 04:30 PM)
- Identify area wildflowers while hiking along Eagle Creek through a vertical rock canyon, and between old growth forested benches to lower canyon waterfalls in the Columbia Gorge.
Mosier Twin Tunnels Bicycle Tour and Wildflower I.D. (Meet with bike on Mosier end of tour, from May 25, 2013 10:00 AM to May 25, 2013 03:30 PM)
- If you enjoy the Columbia River Gorge on two feet, imagine what fun you'll have on two wheels. Bring your bicycle and join Wendell Wood on a leisurely bike tour along the Columbia River.
Columbia River Gorge Waterfall and Wildflower I.D. Hike (to Horsetail and Triple Falls) (Carpools depart from NE Portland, from May 27, 2013 08:15 AM to May 27, 2013 04:00 PM)
- Identify and discuss area wildflowers while hiking to Oneonta Gorge below (upper) Horsetail Falls, and then on to Triple Falls in the Columbia Gorge Wilderness.
Wahclella Falls/Tanner Creek Wildflower & Plant ID Hike (Carpools depart from NE Portland, from May 29, 2013 09:00 AM to May 29, 2013 04:00 PM)
- Extremely slow-go hike to identify and discuss area wildflowers, while hiking one mile (each way) through old-growth trees and mossy cliffs in a deep basalt side canyon in the Columbia Gorge Wilderness.
Molalla River Rooster Rock Hike (Carpools depart from Portland, from Jun 15, 2013 08:30 AM to Jun 15, 2013 05:00 PM)
- Journey to the headwaters of the Molalla River and explore the unique and unusual basalt formations of the Table Rock Wilderness.
Mount June and Sawtooth Ridge Hike (Carpools depart from Eugene, from Jun 20, 2013 12:30 PM to Jun 20, 2013 08:30 PM)
- Take in the views from forested Mount June and ridgetop meadows as you explore Eugene’s backyard wilderness.
Tilly Jane - Cloud Cap Saddle (Carpools depart from Portland, from Jun 22, 2013 07:30 AM to Jun 22, 2013 05:00 PM)
- Explore the subalpine forests beneath Mount Hood's largest glacier.
Metolius River Hike (Carpools depart from Bend & Sisters, from Jun 28, 2013 08:30 AM to Jun 28, 2013 05:00 PM)
- Enjoy the stunning beauty of this central Oregon gem as you hike along the pristine Metolius River.
Tidbits Mountain Hike (Carpools depart from Eugene, from Jul 13, 2013 08:30 AM to Jul 13, 2013 05:00 PM)
- Hike up many-pinnacled Tidbits Mountain through spectacular old-growth on the way to an amazing mountain view.
Tamanawas Falls Tree ID Hike (Carpools depart from Portland, from Jul 17, 2013 08:30 AM to Jul 17, 2013 05:00 PM)
- Explore a diverse old-growth forest along the crystal clear Cold Spring Creek leading up to the spectacular Tamanawas Falls.
Garfield Peak (Crater Lake) Hike (Carpools depart from Ashland, from Jul 20, 2013 08:00 AM to Jul 20, 2013 06:00 PM)
- Hike to the summit of Garfield Peak for one of the best views of Crater Lake.
Lost Creek Hike (Carpools depart from Portland, from Jul 27, 2013 09:00 AM to Jul 27, 2013 05:00 PM)
- Join us on a trek through a mossy forest and potential Wilderness area the Forest Service has proposed for logging along the western flanks of Mount Hood.
Crabtree Valley Hike (Carpools depart from Portland, from Aug 03, 2013 08:00 AM to Aug 03, 2013 06:00 PM)
- Experience one of the oldest forest groves in Oregon on a day-long expedition to this out-of-the way wonder.
Boulder Lake Hike (Carpools depart from Portland, from Aug 10, 2013 09:00 AM to Aug 10, 2013 05:00 PM)
- Discover the aquamarine waters of one of the Mount Hood National Forest’s best-kept secrets!
Opal Creek Ancient Forest Hike (Carpools depart from Portland, from Aug 16, 2013 08:00 AM to Aug 16, 2013 05:00 PM)
- Join us for a walk back in time to an ancient Oregon forest in one of the state’s signature Wilderness areas.
North Umpqua Trail, Lemolo Falls Hike (Carpools depart from Eugene, from Aug 17, 2013 08:30 AM to Aug 17, 2013 05:00 PM)
- Experience several of the North Umpqua River’s spectacular waterfalls and take in the general beauty of the river and surrounding wildlands.
Crater Lake Wilderness and Klamath Refuge Service Weekend (Crater Lake Proposed Wilderness & Klamath Basin NWR, from Aug 29, 2013 12:00 PM to Sep 02, 2013 05:00 PM)
- Explore the greater proposed Crater Lake Wilderness Area, with a Saturday work day on the Klamath Marsh National Wildlife Refuge!
Upper McKenzie Waterfalls and Pools Hike (Carpools depart from Eugene, from Sep 13, 2013 08:30 AM to Sep 13, 2013 05:00 PM)
- Take in raging waterfalls, clear blue waters, lava flows, fall colors and gorgeous old-growth forest on this quintessential Eugene-area hike.