Information for press and media.
For over three decades, Oregon Wild has worked to inform and involve the public in the important conservation issues facing our state. America's wildlands, wildlife, and waters belong to all of us, and we believe that the best way to ensure these precious resources are managed responsibly is to keep the public informed.
Recent Press Releases
- Wyden-style Clearcut Causes Mudslide on O&C Lands Feb 27, 2014
Neighboring landowners discover mudslide in Buck Rising clearcut; fear Wyden plan to clearcut public lands could cause many more.Press release on mudslide caused by Buck Rising clearcut - a style of logging promoted by Senator Wyden in proposed legislation.
- State Announces Wolf Recovery Numbers Feb 25, 2014
Conservationists welcome news as recovery of endangered species stays on track in 2013.Populations are up. Conflict remains low.
- Wyden O&C Hearing: Clearcut Plan Wrong Feb 06, 2014
Highlighting past partnerships, Oregon conservation group says clearcut logging plan puts clean water, wildlife, and recreation industry at risk.Oregon Wild Executive Director Sean Stevens testifies against Senator Wyden's logging bill in Senate hearing today.
- Roseburg BLM Clearcut Logging Plan Challenged Jan 22, 2014
Conservationists go to court to stop controversial clearcutting plan for White Castle forest; century old trees on the chopping block in sale that mimics Wyden O&C logging plan.With 100-year old trees on the chopping block, conservationists go to court to stop the clearcutting of old-growth in the White Castle timber sale.
Recent Press Clips
- Wolf tracks in Mt. Hood NF show a hunter’s gradual return Feb 28, 2014
- Oregon is striving to balance conservation of native wildlife with concerns from some interests. At the moment it seems to be working.
- OSP investigating wolf poaching in Umatilla County Feb 28, 2014
- Poaching incident is a sign of tenuous nature of Oregon's wolf recovery. Conservationists argue those who whip up fear, spread misinformation, and manufacture conflict shoulder responsibility.
- Sage grouse proposal a privacy issue Feb 27, 2014
- Proponents of secrecy for the livestock industry oppose federal protections for threatened bird. Opponents fear lack of public oversight and accountability.
- For the First Time Since 1947, a Wolf on Mount Hood Feb 26, 2014
- The fate of the history-making wolf is unknown, but conservationists hope it won't be the last.